Saturday 8 August 2015

Super model who had 95% of jaw removed due to cancer



"Surgeons used a fibula bone from my right leg, and nerve and skin tissue harvested from leg, arm, hip and shoulder to perform reconstructive surgery on my jaw".
A model who had the vast majority her jaw removed due to an aggressive cancer posed for a series of ultra-glamorous shots.
Elizaveta Bulokhova, 25, first noticed an inflammation on her jaw which became more and more painful.
After undergoing a series of biopsies, she was told she had jaw osteosarcoma – a cancer which attacks the bone.

Prior to her health problems, she had spent the previous seven years working as a fashion model all over the world, posing for publications such Cosmopolitan and Harper's Bazaar. The Latvian-born model and her partner Roman Troubetskoi had also just had the joyful news that she was pregnant with a baby boy.
Elizaveta, who lives in Ontario, Canada, was forced to undergo a series of intensive operations in 2014 to remove 95% of her jaw.

"I had to relearn how to walk". For 10 weeks my mouth was wired shut, and I was eating through a tube in my nose. Couldn't talk and couldn't brush my teeth. I had tubes coming out all over my body."

The young model is asking those inspired by her story to donate to cancer charities such as Cancer Research UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment